19.6.07

In a Family Way.....part 2

So I had to change the background color of my blog so it didn't remind me of poo.
I see a lot of it these days.

So if you're wondering where I have been, and what I have been doing, well.........here they are!



Samuel Kyle and Georgia Kathleen came into the world on April 22, 2007. It's kinda crazy....I'm a Dad! Now, I am no Bill Cosby.....but there are some things that I became completely aware of as soon as I became a Father.

The first thing.......I honestly don't think you can understand what love is until you look into the face of your own child. In the moments following the birth of the twins I found myself literally lost for words and breath. And, if you know me well at all.....for me to be at a loss for words is somewhat inconveivable! I was completely blown away by the massive heart reconstruction that occurs at the time of birth. My life (which in the past I was definitely fond of) became secondary to those of my children. And please don't feel bad for my wife....she would probably tell you exactly the same thing,

The second thing.......I think that your personal priorities gets a spring cleaning after the birth of children. Somewhat related to point number one.....the things that you once thought important become so NOT important anymore. Things like Close Rate and DPA seem to be emphasized in much smaller fonts now. My work, ironically enough, suffered a little while I was gone during my wife's Pre-Term labor and the inevitable birth of my children. To now be called out for my lack of results during the past few months is received with a resounding...."Who Cares!?" I know I don't. And in not caring I think I have written my epitaph in stone. Not losing the job....hopefully just moving in a direction that requires less people management on my part.

Anyhow.....I digress, the third, and last, thing that I have learned is to always keep something (rag, towel, diaper, stuffed animal) over your son's twig and berries so you don't get a shower every time you change him. I might be preaching to the choir on this one........I am a new Dad! Gimme a break!

4 comments:

Craig said...

Holy crap, those kids are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Congrats on your BEAUTIFUL babies! I am so happy for you!

Leo Percer said...

Wow! Those are some cute kids! Congratulations!

Leo Percer said...

My wife Lisa is sitting here with me at Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg, VA. We are waiting for the David Crowder concert to start, and she said "I need to get a message to Mike." I said, "Let's write on his blog (since I currently carry my laptop everywhere except the shower)." So, here is the message: We want your e-mail address, your snail mail address, and a phone number so that she can contact your lovely wife. Write me at PercerL@juno.com to send the info or to get Lisa's e-mail.

We love and miss you all very much, but we will think of you a bit tonight as we enjoy David's music!