8.11.05

A Part of Me

"I am a part of all that I have met." ~Lord Alfred Tennyson

I have been getting posts/notes/e-mails from folks that I haven't heard from in quite some time. It's nice to hear from old friends. Now only if I can become more determined/disciplined to keep up communication and be a better friend.

Sometimes I get too insulated in my own life.
I forget that the friendships that I have forged along the way leave lasting marks.
Not that I am that impressionable.
(That's my attempt at making a self-deprecating remark.....I am way too obnoxious to be forgotten)

Anyway.....if there is anything that I have learned in the last week and a half.....it's who my friends are.
They are the ones that I cried with on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (we did a lot of crying).
They are the ones that I partook of some billiards and beer with......at 3 O'Clock in the pm no less!!
They are the ones that I think to take lunch to when they're sick. (For I am normally not that thoughtful!)
They are the ones to tell me what I need to do when I don't know what to do.....Thanks.
They are the ones that pray for me when I don't pray for myself.

I thank all of you......you are all a part of me, and I you.
I love you all and can't wait to be Home........

3 comments:

Leo Percer said...

Yo Mike! Lisa and I terribly miss you and Kristin. I know I miss our awfully deep theological discussions (am I dreaming, or were they really deep? grin). Believe it or not, I miss the Compass, but mainly because of the friends there. You are a bright spot in my life, Michael, and I am glad we "bumped into" each other at work. I am also glad you are back on the blog. Welcome back, friend.

Anonymous said...

Evans,

I'll write you a longer e-mail, but wanted you to know how much we love and appreciate you guys! THRILLED that you tried to leave, but Waco pullllled you back in! :) One of the only memorable parts of Godfather 3. Talk soon. -Blair

soundofmethinkingtooloud said...

I'm happy that you are back to blogging again but even happier that you and Kristen are coming back here. With love from us all here in Waco,
--Adam