21.1.06

Tired.......

So...I turn 32 this upcoming Tuesday.
No big deal, right?
It's not that I am getting "older."
Or that I am not as fit as I once was (getting a little soft, I must admit).
It's that I am tired.
Mentally, spiritually, physically........

I honestly don't know what to do to make myself wake up.

After Kyle died, It seemed as if the motivation came back.
To do something great and be a better person.
To live up to the expectations that he had for me.
He expected so much from all of us.
To be Christ Followers in our little corner of the world.
Well.....I think I painted myself into that corner.

We're planning on making our way back to Waco.....and that's a good thing.
Our family of friends is incredibly important to us.....especially now.
But getting there is becoming a problem.
We need to get there soon, because Phoenix is way too costly.
I don't know what I want to be when I grow up.......
I'm expected to figure that out now....after 10 years of flailing about.....and I do need to "figure it out."
I just don't know how......I don't want to keep on making minor adjustments in my employment, without figuring out what the major overhaul needs to be........I'm here again.
And I'm tired.
Thanks for your prayers........we need them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

we love you michael...we are always thinking and praying for you both...b&t

Anonymous said...

Just know that there are a lot of people who love you regardless of any of that...I am one.

Maybe you need to discover the Disciples...it has been great for me!

-cory

Matt Addington said...

my hero!!!!!!

if you only knew how pumped me and jennifer about yalls coming back.

as far as all that other stuff (life in general) goes know that we are prayin for yall almost daily. i feel that timing means everything in the world when it comes to jobs. and your time will come. at least your learning things that arent going to work. keep your head up.

Anonymous said...

Mike, I don't know you, but Craig Nash told me about you living in Phoenix last week. I graduated ETBU with Craig and moved to Phoenix about a week after I finished ETBU. I have been here over 8 years now. I'm working in Scottsdale. Don't hesitate to contact me if you all need anything while you are still here. 602.826.8962 is my cell. It seems from reading your blog you are on your way back to Texas.
Craig Ramsey

jenA said...

So you totally win.
I was thinking of who the hell would officiate my wedding -- I remember hearing how Kyle hated to do them -- and I really couldn't think of anyone who would be absolutely perfect. Until today. Valentine's Day. Remember last Valentine's Day? The 30-minute shrimp? That was a great tip, btw. made my night.
Bygones - the shrimp weren't the memory-ticker.
My partner in crime, kMo, was reading someone's blog about the Office and her random train jumped the thought track to The Princess Bride (which she's probably watching right now) , and .... let the recitation begin.
"wuv .. twoo wuv...."
And that's when I decided, I want my minister to recite the bishop's opening line to kick off the ceremony (which will be on a Tuesday night, just so you know).
It has to be a surprise, so only one of my future bridesmaids (kMo) and my minister can know.
And I thought, who would be the perfect minister? Who would not crack up on the delivery? Who would appreciate the reference?
I know of no one else, Evans. Will you do me the honor of officiating my wedding?
I know what you're going to ask, you and Kristi(e)n both.
No, I'm not. Not that either. Definitely not that! I'm just planning ahead. I figure the longer it takes the more I'll have out of the way, so all I have to do is pick a man, get my hair done and show up. Hope to see you up front!