7.3.06

Albums I am taking with me as I drive to Waco:

*Synchronicity ~ The Police
*The Joshua Tree ~ U2
*The Essential Johnny Cash
*The Essential Willie Nelson
*The Garden State Soundtrack
*My Spymix (Songs featured on Alias including:Blur, Wyclef Jean, Peter Gabriel, and Depeche Mode)
*My Valentine Mix (including Aqualung, Tristan Prettyman, Lyle Lovett, and Elvis Costello)

Things I intend to think about as I drive to Waco:

*Why do I not have a job yet.....am I really this big of a slacker/loser?
*I can't wait to go to church on Sunday morning @ UBC!
*Seriously, why don't I have a job yet....I've sent out a million resumes!
*Billiards and beer with the guys at Crickets........anyone?

Books I intend to read in the next month (in Waco):

*Finally finish Peace Like A River by Leif Enger
*On The Road by Jack Kerouac (bought it for $4 at the local used book store, never read it)
*Eat This Book by Eugene Peterson (because when I saw it I imagined Kyle would have wanted to read it)
*Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller

Things I intend to accomplish in the next 2-3 weeks (in Waco):

*Get a job.
*Find a house.
*Move the wife to Waco (Priority number one, actually)


We are very excited to be in Waco.....it's the moving that sucks. Click here for more thoughts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eugene Peterson actually was here at Truett for three days during the Fall. You missed out, man. Actually, his talk was good, but Tony Campolo was better; he's hard-core and blunt (just like I like it) :)

J.B.

jenA said...

i can't believe you need depeche mode to travel. i like to call it 'depressed mode.' how can you not want to drive off the road?

soundofmethinkingtooloud said...

We'll be at Truett this Sunday for church. Just wanted to make sure you knew. I'm up for some Crickets anytime. I'm also ready to gorge myself on college basketball for the next month. It will be amazing. I'm glad you'll be around here to enjoy it with me. I read a chapter from Eat This Book that is included in the book I have for my preaching class and it was fantastic. I need to read the whole thing. See you in a few days!