31.3.06

A word about my links.....

I have made some changes in my links over the last couple of weeks and just wanted to drop a note about some of the stuff that's going on in the sidebar........

The bulk of the blogs I read are friends from UBC, my church, they include:
Tom, Craig, Adam, Amanda, Janalee, David, Jen, Jordan, Blair, Ben, Harris, Singleton, Carney, Katy, Meg, Candace, and Scott. Actually the last two I had the privilege of meeting at a BBQ at the Browning....read their Blogs, enjoyed them, and added them to my list. Hope you guys don't mind!!

The other ones are pretty random, but I thought I would tell you why they are there.

Cory is a great friend and former classmate at Truett that is currently in ministry in Lufkin, TX. He always has something to challenge me on his Blog, and so I hope you acquaint yourself with Cory. He's a good man!

Ann is a former UBCer and Truett alum. One of the best preachers I have ever heard. She has a background in music and theatre and she knows how to capture an audience/congregation. She is another person that I am constantly challenged by. Check her Blog out as well!

Zach, is....well, Zach Braff. I don't know Zach Braff, but he is my favorite young Hollywood type these days. Not only for Garden State, which has become the UBC movie mantra (for many reasons), but because of Scrubs. MY FAVORITE SHOW ON TV!! That and Lost. And Alias...still.

Shaun, is Shaun Groves. Recording artist and friend. He and I were in BRH, Baylor Religious Hour, together along with Solley from the Crowder band. I don't mention these things, because it makes me any cooler.....it clearly doesn't. I do mention it because I am one of the people that can say....."I knew them when....."

Leo is a great friend and mentor whom I met while working (can you call it that?) at the Compass Bookstore in Waco. He is a professor at Liberty, but don't let that fool you. He's no fundy and I love that about him. We talk about postmodernism, Calvinism, and any other "ism" you can think of. He's one of my heroes!

Teresa is another great friend that I met while working at the Compass. She is a true artist. She is a painter, flower arranger, writer and all around crafty woman! She is one of the most sensitive hearts you'll ever meet......and she needs to write more!!

Joell is a former, FORMER, compass employee! Wooohooo! She is a Truett student and another amazing writer.....she is privileged enough to be going to Kenya in the summer. I am so jealous!

Lauren is Lauren Winner. Author of such books as Girl Meets God and Mudhouse Sabbath. Amazing writer and historian. Friend to the Emergent crowd. I have met her once at a conference in San Diego. Sweet woman and amazing thinker!

And finally Erin. Erin is a former UBCer and member of Mosaic Austin. An amazing Artist she is funny, clever, irreverent (which I love), and energetic. I miss seeing her at UBC, but I can "catch up" with her on her Blog....which is nice.

Well that's it. Maybe next time I will do introduction to all the UBC folks. That might take a while!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "i'm so glad you're okay" lunch the other day. Sorry if I wasn't great company, but it was good just gettin' to hang out for a bit. Next time, we should hit Beatnix's. Gotta love it. By the way, Candace and Scott totally rock my world. They're awesome!

Anonymous said...

J.B.

Meg said...

yay for blogs! Hey what is a great wine? Give me your top 3.. I'm not real smart on the wine.

Leo Percer said...

Mike:

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you are settling in at Waco. I miss our conversations and all the hard "work" we put in at the Compass. Drop by there someday and tell them all "hello" from us former Compass folk. I talk to Melissa Mays on occasion, other than that, I'm out of the loop. I hope to talk to you soon. Hang in there!