21.3.06

revolver

*I have had one interview (was offered the job) and another invitation to sell DirecTV with an old friend of mine since I have been back in Waco. Another interview to go at Dell....keep your fingers crossed.....still looking.

*Went down to my Dad's last week to spend some time with him and my sister and the nieces. Went fishing. Lost my glasses to the depths of Lake LBJ....oh well. Bought new glasses for exorbitant amount of money.......but they look cool!

*Saw my first NCAA tourney game live last Friday! Adam got a sweet deal on Ebay and invited me to go and see NC State and Cal play. I had the Wolfpack winning over my home state Bears....part of me secretly wanted Cal to win. Nevertheless State won in a very good game. We stuck around to watch Texas struggle with Penn, but it was the Longhorn's night. Damn you Bevo!!

*I spent approximately 7 hours straight in my car yesterday driving around Waco looking for a house to rent. AAAAAaaaaaagggghhhhhh! I just have to say I love my car, but I am getting sick of it. Justalittle.

*So, Craig will be happy to know that after two episodes of Grey's I am hooked. I am going to have to borrow someone's copy of the first season and get caught up. Meredith is Hot!!

*Finally.....I love being back at UBC. I only wish my wife were here already. We have the greatest friends that you can ask for. Church people that aren't "church people." Real, funny, honest, and loving. Everybody has been so great and hospitable. Helping me out with a place to crash for a while (thanks Jana and Horton's!). This is why we came back. It's for this.

2 comments:

Candace Shaw said...

hey, I don't know if you remember me from the bbq at the Brownings or not, but I wanted to say thanks for speaking at the HUB on wednesday. It was a message that needed to be heard. Also, thanks for unintentionally inspiring my husband to bbq. I'd been telling him for weeks that bbq needs to be his area of expertise but he'd been reluctant. Then after being at the Brownings he said "I watched Mike and I think I'm inspired to cook now." Hurrah!

Meg said...

Glad you're back, good job last night !