26.7.04


The Hollywood "Dream" Posted by Hello
This is another picture that really destroys me. I am such an entertainment addict. Movies, TV, music, books, magazines, etc. I absorb more trivial knowledge watching TV and reading entertainment news that serves no purpose other than my own enjoyment.  I have recently been thinking about this thing called "celebrity." What is it, and how is it bestowed upon the most undeserving of people? That sounds judgmental and elitist, doesn't it? But I think it nonetheless.

"Celebrity" is such a funny concept. Who do you celebrate? Do you celebrate someone you don't know because they are in the right movie or make cool music? Or perhaps you celebrate the folks that you see every day. The ones that make a difference in your life. Make your parents, your sister, even your little brother a celebrity. Celebrate someone that deserves the attention.

No comments: