21.7.04


I love this picture. This is the Capitol Records building in Los Angeles with a mural of Jazz Musicians in front of it. There is something dirty and gritty about jazz music that speaks to my soul. Its driving beat syncopates with the flutter of my heart. Dissonance and harmony play simultaneously to create a perfect, improvised moment. Jazz music is a lot like our relationship with God. A flutter of instruments all going in different directions with the strong steady beat of love driving the melody home. Posted by Hello

3 comments:

soundofmethinkingtooloud said...

I like what Don Miller says in the first chapter of Blue Like Jazz, about jazz music. He says, "jazz doesn't resolove". I like that thought in comparision to a relationship with God. Kind of like an ongoing ebb and flow. It's all part of the journey.

soundofmethinkingtooloud said...

I posted a comment, but it didn't come up. Saddness

Tom said...

Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue - vinyl - nothing better.