17.12.05

baptism


there is a bottom to my grief
i've been there many times
where the only thing i can do
is look up and see the light
i'm not a porcelain china doll
with a smile plastered to my face
i have experienced enough sorrow
to realize the miracle of grace
the rhythmic ache of my guilt
reminds me of what i am not
not worthy, not happy, not finished
not taking note of what i've got
yet the hope that belies all reason
is the thing to which i hold
not because it's what i'm supposed to feel
nor because it's what i've been told
but rather it's the cause of years
of prayers, and protestations too
of questions unanswered and lives unfinished
the mysteries of life to push through
so, finally, i bid farewell
to the old me and the old you
to all the excuses and secondhand curses
only to be made anew.
Because of You I am made anew.
~mse

No comments: