11.2.05

New Links

You might have noticed that I have added a couple of new links on the side bar.
The first is in the music section for a band named Eisley.
Very impressive young group of musicians from somewhere here in Texas.....I think.
They toured with Coldplay....pretty cool for some young'uns.

The second link is under the Authors section.
YES!! The Author's Section.

If you have never read Steve Martin's work run out to your local Book Proprietor and buy them.
Pure Drivel is Pure Fun. Short stories that are as hilarious as the man himself.
Shopgirl is a beauty of a novella. Winsome. Edgy. Funny. Provoking.

But my favorite has to be The Pleasure of My Company .
I absolutely loved this book. It was thoughtful and simple.
Martin's storytelling always has an edge to it, satirical mostly, but there is as much heart in this last book as any I've read in a while.

And I read a lot.

Do yourself a favor and pick it up. You won't regret it!

2 comments:

soundofmethinkingtooloud said...

They are from Tyler, TX. Do you have the new Eisley cd yet? I think it came out this week. Did you know that they are having a CD release party @ the Gypsy Tea Room this coming Friday, the 18th.

Anonymous said...

hey Mike, you forgot to list my blog, or have you already forgotten your friends in VA?