11.2.05

Praise Habit

I have some incredibly talented friends.

It may seem like name-dropping, kind of like the time I met Ray Charles in DFW. I tell that story, or the one in which I was actually in a voice class with Ben from Growing Pains (his name was Jeremy), to see how people react.

I am weak. And human. I like people to like me.

But that's not what this is about.

Back to my incredibly talented friends. Their names are David, Mike, Mike, Jason, Jeremy and Jack.

Jack is cool when he has his 70's Pimp 'stache in full bloom. But I digress.

They comprise the Rock Oddity known as the David Crowder*Band (I did it the way they do it, unless any of them actually reads this at some time).

They are incredibly talented as musicians, both individually and corporately, but I might consider them more lucky than talented.

Let me explain.

They are not lucky in the sense that they are not good at what they do, nor are they lucky because they have become popular without hard work (i.e. Reuben, Kelly, Clay, Fantasia and any other Reality TV Celebrity).

They are lucky because they get to Praise God with their work.
They make music that delivers souls to the stars.
They travel all around the country (the world is theirs too.....Asians love David Crowder!) and lead hundreds of thousands of people in Worship.

Why can't we all be so lucky?
No...really.

Read Praise Habit. It is a book by one of those incredibly talented and lucky musicians.

Praise is not something we do. It is something we are.
We cannot turn it off or delay it until the appropriate time on Sunday.
It saturates our being and leaves us light-headed and wanting more.
God is available in large doses at all times.
All we must recognize is the pervasiveness of the One Creator God.

Are there truly "God-Forsaken" places?
I don't think so.
Christ came to die on a Cross for everyone, everywhere and every time.

Make Praise your Habit.

No comments: